Wednesday, July 23, 2008

AX 08: Enough said

Yes, Yes, I know, its weeks past AX...been busy, between building my 1/100 Exia, and Technique Impossible Eva-01. So, here it goes.

Lets start with the most important thing: Cosplay
day 1 - Haji (Blood+) -pictures taken loads of time-
day 2 - Preventer (Mobile Suit: Gundam Wing - Endless Waltz)
day 3 - Jedi (do i really have to say where thats from??) -got my ass kicked my Marvin the Marian-
day 4 - Haji (check day 1)

Not too much photo documentation out there of my Preventer outfit, nor my Jedi get up, but here is one my Haji cosplay and his master Sayasee left of image

3 meisters found at AX - where are you Hallelujiah!

secondly, events:
- Jyukai Concert kicks Ass, officially on my good list of artists, sadly no pics were allowed....crap.
- AX-Idol, some interesting acts, the winner wasnt bad.
- AX Masquerade, short, but not too bad
- misc, got my autograph from the bloke who played Ed Elrich, and pic!
fyi, He knows the difference between an MR saber and Graflex 3-cell, and he's got of 'em!!!

Thirdly, swag! Initially I intended to spend at most $100, have a look at this haul and see if i succeeded

1) Master Replicas Yoda FX Lightsaber
2)Master Grade Shin Musha Gunam
3)1/100 HG GNY-001 Gundam Exia (YES, THE SERIAL NUMBER WAS NECESSARY)
4)Kotobukiya 1/6 Misato Katsuragi (the last one at the entire show!)
5) 1/7 Scale Motoko Kusanagi PVC
6) Max Factory Figma Saber
7)1/8 Alter Enma Ai (thanks much to Larry at Toylet)
8) 1/8 Kotobukiya Hasegawa Akemi PVC
9) (not pictured) Gundam 00 Portraits: Setsuna F Seiei (sheer luck on this one, i opened a blind box!!)

so, what do you all think? did I succeed in keeping within my monetary limits?

Lastly, Post AX-ness
With the belligerent spending at AX, that always results in lots of crap to take home, try stuffing this in the trunk of a Ford Focus Hatchback: This load also includes the haul of one the cats who came with us to AX, who's haul is even more impressive than mine!

Now, as seen on the above post of my cosplay, and the above picture I made and carried a 3 foot tall prop:

This is what happens when we decided that the coffin looking case will not go home with us:

excuse the shitty photography - we were running a tad low on time.

wrap up: After lots of spending, a hell of a lot of driving (as we drove back and for from the LA convention center from my place in the Outer Rim territories) and very little sleep, overall, it was quite a weekend, I'd love to see what the next AX Brings.

No comments: