Sunday, April 18, 2010

Last Airbender Trailer #2

I've never really been a hardcore Avatar: The Last Airbender fan, but I did find the series enjoyable. That being said, I'm looking forward to the movie, with some reservations. The first being the source material itself. Being a kids show, you cant get too heavy handed or dark with the film, but the trailer seems to make it to be just that. The series relied heavily on comic relief, so I'm not terribly sure how that's going to play into things here. my second concern is the director. I have very mixed feelings about Shamylan. Ive associated his work as of late with craptacular and incredibly anticlimactic endings...but hey, its kid's film so I'm willing to let alot of that crap slide. Anyhoo, onto the reason for this post: the 2nd trailer has been released and the visuals look promising. let's forget for a minute that all the actors save for the water tribe folks ought to be Chinese yeah?

No comments: